Sunday, October 2, 2011

My grandfather was called Giuann "O nonn se chiammav Giuann"

My grandfather was called Giuann "O nonn se chiammav Giuann" Tube. Duration : 3.65 Mins.


TRANSLATION OF "O NONN SE CHIAMMAV' GIUANN" FROM NEAPOLITAN TO ENGLISH My grandfather was called Giuann as me. He went out only once from Naples...during the war he went to "Forlì" And he used never speak about his emotions...he used to conserve his feelings...he didn't like to speak a lot... One day he cought that small sheep that he had in change of two dogs "neapolitan mastins"...and he killed the sweet animal with his own hands.. then with the same hands he religiously blessed his family of seven sons...It was Easter of 1957..what do you know about that times? During the night Giuann worked like bread maker ... he used to wake up as builder... when he was old he cloesed his eyes and went to sea...the same sea were i go. that sea is still there but nobody knows where my grandfather is...i guess he is staying in a strange paradise.. My grandfather fighted and won a lot of times against arrogants... He fighted with his own hands and with same hands he built his illegal house where he lived and died on a sunny day of 2003...but don't give a damn! Giuann worked like bread maker during the night... and he used to wake up as builder... when he became old he closed his eyes and went to sea...the same sea where i use to go. That sea is still there but nobody knows where is my grandfather Also that illegal house is still there but nobody knows were's my grandfather.. i guess he is stying in a strange paradise...I guess..

Keywords: my, grandfather, before, you, accuse, me, amalia, rodriguez, pino, daniele, nonn, napoli, ivan, lorito, tarantella, blues

No comments:

Post a Comment